Polish ‘escape rooms’ under inspection following fire
PR dla Zagranicy
The State Fire Service has launched nationwide fire security controls of escape rooms after a blaze killed five teenagers in the northern city of Koszalin, according to reports.
The escape room in Koszalin. Photo: PAP/Marcin Bielecki
Five girls, 15, were celebrating a birthday in the interactive game room on Friday afternoon when the fire broke out, the Polish IAR news agency reported. One man, 25, is hospitalised for severe burns. He is most likely a moderator of the game, according to Poland’s PAP news agency.
According to unofficial reports, the teenagers died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The decision to hold nationwide inspections of escape rooms was announced by Interior Minister Joachim Brudziński on Friday.
The firefighters are to inspect whether the escape rooms meet fire safety requirements and include adequate fire escape routes.
President Andrzej Duda said on Twitter: “Five cheerful girls on the verge of adulthood were torn out of their lives. God bless their Parents and Relatives.”
Source: PAP, IAR